Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Year's Bash Day 23 - Welcome Jordana Ryan!


Coming around the corner on the homestretch of the New Year's bash and today's guest is Jordana Ryan!

A little Fairytale Romance


Hi, Antonia, thanks for having me today. I’m Jordana Ryan, author of Perfect Game and Sweet Dreams available at Bookstrand Publishing and No Matter What, The Wrong Woman, Summer Fling and Color Blind which are available in the Amira Press Meant to Be Anthology

I started reading romance almost from the time I was able to pick up a book. I guess it all started with Cinderella and the Prince lol. I’ve always been the girl who saw things with rose colored glasses and believed that someday my prince would come. Couple that with the fact that I love to write and you can see where my very own princes were born.

A little romance is good for the soul. I love to get lost in the best of the fairytale romances. Of course, as I got older, I moved away from Cinderella and started reading Roseanne Bittner, who is one of my favorites, Cassie Edwards, Johanna Lindsey, another of my favorites, Nora Roberts, Judith McNaught who wrote the stellar Whitney my Love and many others. All of whom wrote men who I fell in love with and women that were strong and admirable.

When I decided to embark and a career in writing romance, I strove to be like the authors I idolized. I wanted to write characters with people would laugh with, cry with, fall in love with, root for, and love to hate, but also love at the same time, I’ve found in life, and in love, nobody is perfect, and that in falling in love, I’m not looking for the perfect man. What I am looking for is the man who is perfect for me.

Usually I create my female character first. I have to know who my female character is so that I can write the perfect man for her. Flaws and all, he has to be right for her. From there, I can write the perfect love story, and part of the joy of writing a fairytale romance is watching their love unfold. I love what I do because it gives me back a little bit of my childhood and lets me create Prince Charming over and over again in many different ways :)

I hope that people who read my books will look at my characters and fall in love with their strengths and weaknesses just like I do, and ultimately realize, that everyone needs a little romance in their life. And that at one time or another, we all believed in that perfect, fairytale love.

If you want to contact Jordana, her email is cryselle @ att . net, take out the spaces of course ^.^

3 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

So true about fairytale loves, Jordana! Your books sound wonderful! I love the way you unfold your stories too. Congrats and I hope you sell many books!

Jordana Ryan said...

Thank you so much Kaye :) Sorry I'm late here, I was so sick yesterday!

CynBrat said...

Excellent post, Jordana! I love fairy tales, too.

Except my princes are usually frogs. :P