Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Year's Bash Day 21 - Welcome Aline de Chevigny


Today Aline de Chevigny answering a few questions about life and writing.

1. Tell us a little about yourself. Do you have a "day job?"

I'm a French Canadian, living in the North making my editors lives painful with my horrific grammar LOL

You bet I have a day job, I work for the Environmental department at an isolated mine site. I work a two and two rotation, so for two weeks I have limit access to everything.


2. What made you want to become a writer and how long have you been writing?

I had just moved away from my friends and familly, and was bored out of my tree. The third book in as many days had just been flung accross the room for having heroines who were too stupid to live and my friends dared me to write my own book if I wasn't happy with the books I'd been reading. So I did.

I've now been writing for 7 years as of tomorow.


3. What is your favorite genre to write?

Romance...it doesn't matter what subgenres are added romance is always a main story line in my books.


4. Do you have any particular writing rituals? Any snacks you must have while writing?

I write everywhere. I always have pen and paper in my pocket, purse, back pack, you name it. All my books are written on paper first and then typed up. I think better when the words can flow out my hand.


5. What's up next for you in the writing world?

Who knows LOL, I have a release in March about a beaver shifter, and hopefully a few historicals that will be finished any time now.


6. Do you have any advice for the writers/readers?

For the writers...Write what you know. Write what you feel. Don't edit until you have a finished first draft, you'll go through several drafts before your story is ready to be seen by anyone. And find a few people you trust to give you their honest opinion.

For the readers...if you like the story let the author know. If you don't like the story, constructive criticism is a very helpful tool. But don't be mean, you may just crush a new author and make them quit leaving the world with a loss. Who know that author could be the one to write the next Anne of Green Gables or Jane Eyre.

You can find Aline's works at Red Rose Publishing!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Very nice interview Aline and Antonia.:-)

Kaye Manro said...

Nice interview! Congrats on your upcoming release, Aline.