Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Year's Bash Day 14 - Welcome Cat Grant


Today's guest is Cat Grant! Welcome to the blog Cat.


1. Tell us a little about yourself. Do you have a "day job?"


I live in Monterey, California with my cat and entirely too many books. Right now my "day job" is writing. Hopefully I can make that permanent.


2. What made you want to become a writer and how long have you been writing?

I've always loved telling stories. I've been scribbling them down, off and on, since grammar school. Being a published author is the only job I've ever wanted.


3. What is your favorite genre to write?


Romance, definitely. With an emphasis on menage and/or male/male. I tried my hand at sci-fi and fantasy awhile back, but discovered that just because I enjoy reading that genre doesn't mean I'd be any good at writing it. My strength lies in writing relationship stories.


4. Do you have any particular writing rituals? Any snacks you must have while writing?


Oh, I usually try to avoid writing for as long as possible! Then, when the characters start knocking on the inside of my skull begging to get out, I sit down and start typing. I usually like a cup of hot green tea while I'm working.


5. What's up next for you in the writing world?


I just started a new m/m novella. This one's about a young violinist who has an affair with his teacher.

Cat's Website
Cat's Blog

You can get your copy of Cat's Triad at All Romance ebooks, Once Upon a Bookstore, and several others. Also check out her Lyrical Press Page for her other releases!

6 comments:

Rebecca Rose said...

Happy New Year, Cat! I too need my tea or coffee next to me. :) It's wonderful that right now you can stay home and write. That's my goal so I can be home with the kids.

Congrats on all your success.

Becc

Brigit Aine said...

Oh...what a beautiful place to live... so lucky too that you can be at home writing right now.

I have to have tea or coffee also, and my cat...she sits right next to the computer, waiting for me to leave so she can add her own two cents to the story :)

Denysé said...

Congratulations, Cat. It's always so wonderful to know that when you sit down to write, you have the time to indulge yourself and your characters in the comfort of your home. MUCH success to you with all your works.

Denysé

Missy said...

Hi Cat,

You're books are great, and I'm definitely looking forward to your next release.

I don't envy your coffee, but I used to have a Pepsi sitting beside my computer all the time - I miss it since the doctor's decided I can't have it anymore. I do like staying at home and doing nothing but writing though. I think it helps with the creative process, knowing that it's all you have to do!

Keep up the great writing, and good luck with your books in this coming year.

Missy Martine
missymartine@comcast.net

Colleen Love said...

Hi Cat,
I'm a stay at home mom/writer too. My little dog likes to sit in my lap and burn his nose on my peppermint tea. He does it every time... *sigh*

Story sounds great, wishing you much success!

Kaye Manro said...

Hi Cat! Very cool to live in Monterey CA-- I've dreamed of living there for ever so long now. I've been there several time and didn't want to leave!

Oh and if I don't have my coffee I get cranky. Some common things here-- my two cats always are near when I write. Esp. Bit Kitty who is called a Hemingway cat! (I did a blog post around Halloween about how he got lost- and found again.)

So much good luck with your books!