Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year's Bash Day 12 - Welcome Franny Armstrong!


Today's guest is Franny Armstrong. Franny has a very inspirational story to tell us.

Thank you for this opportunity, Tir.

Many authors are asked the same questions: When did you begin writing? Who was your inspiration? What current projects are you working on? That’s just a few, but a good place to start.

When I was about ten years old, I used to create plays and charge the local kids a nickel just to come into the garage to see me act them out. LOL I’ve always been creative but never took writing to a serious level until seven years ago when I became ill, so ill in fact that I couldn’t leave my home to work without becoming even more sick.

I have a chemical brain injury (called Multiple Chemical Sensitivity or MCS) that causes my body to react violently to simple things like fragrances, body products, cleaning products, gas fumes and much more. Since leaving the safety of my chemical–free home wasn’t possible, I became addicted to the Internet and to reading, however this wasn’t always possible due to the ‘mushy–brain–fog’ I suffered which made it difficult to concentrate.

At the same time I was diagnosed with MCS, I was also told I had BiPolar II Disorder. Though the doctor assured me I wasn’t ‘nuts’, I was devastated, feeling like I’d just been given a death sentence since neither of the two illnesses had a cure. For years I could barely speak a sentence or remember a simple word. I want tea’, though only three words, was difficult to say. I also slept up to twenty hours a day!

After losing so much time, I decided to do something with my life because I refused to allow illness to beat me! My motto became, ‘NEVER SURRENDER! NEVER GIVE UP!’ and believe me, it worked. To date I have become a published author, my first book ‘SMALL PACKAGES-A CHRISTMAS STORY’ released from Red Rose Publishing in December and what a feeling that was! I’d finally climbed past the limits of illness and accomplished what I’d never thought possible until now.

Two more releases come out in March: EXTRASENSORY ELEMENTS SERIES BOOK 1-AUTHOR’S DEMISE (first in ten) and TROPICAL BALM. Though I’ve yet to see a nickel, I’ve finally found a career that not only gives me a sense of pride and joy, but that has helped me climb from the pits of despair into a world of light! Writing has saved my life, literally!

Hugs

Franny Armstrong-ParaNovelGirl
Website
Blog
Facebook
MySpace
Twitter

Franny is having a contest! She's giving away your choice of an eBook - SMALL PACKAGES-A CHRISTMAS STORY or a $5 gift certificate to Red Rose Publishing, so be sure to leave a comment!

12 comments:

Susie Collins said...

Those of us in the MCS community are very proud of Franny and all she has accomplished. She's truly an inspiration to us all!

kristy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy Bock said...

Fanny what a beautiful thing you've accomplished. To have so much going against you and not only to move forward but to surge forward marks you as a powerful woman. If your writing shows an ounce of your gumption then it must be wonderful indeed!

K.T. Bishop said...

You have so much courage!

Franny Armstrong-ParaNovelGirl said...

No matter what challenges you have in your life, it's all about the attitude you use to deal with it that will give you the power to succeed.

I wondered why I wasn't a professional author twenty years ago. I know now it's because you have to grow and learn, overcoming obstacles that make you stronger each day. Keep up the good fight.

Hugs
Franny

Pat McDermott said...

Franny, your inspiring story reminds me of a line from the Rock Opera Tommy - "Sickness will surely take the mind where minds don't usually go." You're in a unique situation, have a one-of-a-kind muse. How great for your readers! And what a wonderful outlet your writing must be for you. Here's to your continued success!

Antonia said...

Hey Franny. I just wanted to say again how awesome your story is. You've come through a lot. I wish you much success.

Kaye Manro said...

Wow, Franny! What a life story. You are an inspiration for the rest of us. Thanks for sharing.

I love your cover!

I'm going to read the blurb now.

Good luck with your books!

Franny Armstrong-ParaNovelGirl said...

Gosh, thanks for all the nice compliments. You're making me blush! LOL

It's all in a day. When you get a pile of lemons, make lemonade!

Hugs
Franny

Christine said...

You are such an inspiration, Franny. I began writing six months ago, and you were the first writer I followed on-line, and am still following. Thank you for your words of wisdom. I had no idea you had gone through such hard times. You are amazing.

Good luck on all of your future books!

Franny Armstrong-ParaNovelGirl said...

I've picked numbers from a hat and the winner of either a copy of my eBook Small Packages-A Christmas Story OR a $5 gift certificate to www.redrosepublishing.com is...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

CHRISTINE

Thank you everyone for your inspiring comments. Hope to see you again soon on another blog site or even my own...

Check out www.paranovelgirls.com for the latest details and contests!

Hugs Franny
(Christine, can you email me at franny@paranovelgirls.com so I can send you your prize choice?)

Jennifer Mears said...

Thanks Franny, your stories along with your blog(s) are inspirational to us all (in your situation or not) to give us all hope, that there is a way to help those whom we know or may not in your situation.

Don't give up!!!!

All the best (I'll continue to look for your books and blogs)