Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Please welcome Honoria Ravena



Today we have Honoria Ravena visiting and sharing with us her writing ritual! Everyone give her a warm welcome.

Writing Rituals

I have a very specific writing ritual. I usually write at night, after dinner. I work better in the darkness. Lol, a paranormal writer who writes during the night. Imagine that. It also might have something to do with all those times I was up all night finishing papers in high school. I also always wrote at night after my parents went to bed.

I like to drink tea when I write. I don't know why, because I am definitely a coffee drinker, but coffee seems to get me to wired to work. Tea seems to soothe me, and allow me to focus.

I burn candles and incense when I write. I don't burn the incense a lot because my mother hates the smell, but I always have at least one candle going.

I also always have music going. My muse used to be very picky about what I could listen to. It had to be a female voice. Since then she's loosened up a bit and I can listen to just about anything, as long as she approves. I usually don't know what she approves of until I listen for a while, get no work done and go "No, that's not right." and change the music. And I do have my trusted stand bys I go to when she's being picky. Niyaz is a favorite, and the soundtrack to Queen of the Damned. And of course some of my characters have their own favorites.

Also, I prefer to write at my desk. Lately I haven't because my computer chair is too uncomfortable. I've been writing in bed, which is plenty comfortable, but annoying.

I don't have to do all this stuff to write, but the words seem to come easier if I do. But I've found that if I feel like writing, nothing will stop me.

What about you? Do you have a writing ritual?

Now, I'd like to share some blurbs with you. I hope you enjoy them!

Fear of Darkness Blurb:

Vahe Patten is a Watcher in the King’s guard. The vampire king, that is. As a Watcher, Vahe executes vampires who break the only major vampire law: keep the secret. When Dylan Andrew starts leaving his murder victims for the human authorities to find, something must be done. While in Haven, Vahe enters the dreams of a woman plagued with nightmares of her past. When he sees Dylan flirting with her in a bar, he knows she’ll be his next victim.

Natalya Woods just wants to avoid her ex-husband. The small town of Haven, Maine seems perfect until she’s attacked in the street by, literally, the man of her dreams.

Buy it here!

Biohazard Blurb:

Hunted by his people, the shapeshifter, Jayden, sheds his human skin after escaping his execution. 200 years later he’s still on the run. When he’s attacked in the remote woods in Wyoming, the last thing he expects is to be saved by a human woman.
When Maura finds a rough looking group of men hunting a tiger in her forest, she doesn’t hesitate to pull a gun on them and release the animal. What she doesn’t expect is for that frightening cat to change into a gorgeous, surly man with a tortured past.

But when his people threaten her life, will he save her, or leave her to the wolves?

Buy it here!

2 comments:

Danica Avet said...

The blurbs sound great!

I don't have a writing ritual. I'm a write-when-the-urge-hits kind of person. One thing that is a constant though, is music. I HAVE to have music playing in order to write. It doesn't have to be anything in particular, although I shy away from listening to love songs (unless I'm editing). I just don't want to write a sappy story, lol.

Great post :)

Honoria Ravena said...

I'm glad you like the blurbs!

I usually write when the urge hits, but I'm trying to write regularly instead. And my little ritual helps get me in the writing mood.

Lol, I usually don't listen to love songs, just because I'm not big on loves songs period.