Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Today, featuring Keta Diablo

Hey all. Its a rainy icky day out. Been working on edits for The Gathering with Pam and waiting for edits to start on Black Velvet. I'm also working with Del on whipping (and its taking a lot of whipping) something we wrote awhile ago called Hieroglyphs into shape. Its got space travel, alien races, and ancient Egyptian civilization. It was written though email and the POV is kinda wonky so working on smoothing out the rough edges. I'm very excited to be getting back to it though, I love the story.

Now today, I'm also featuring the wonderful Keta Diablo in honor of her new release. I asked Keta a few questions to go along with this :

1. How long have you been writing?

I’ve been writing under a pen name for about six years, and under Keta Diablo for about two years.

2. Where did you inspiration for your new release come from?

Most of the ideas for my novels come from real-life incidents or newspaper articles. Decadent Deceptions was spawned when I read an article about brothels in the 1800’s. I found the subject very intriguing and realized it’s true what they say, that from the beginning of time prostitution has existed in one form or another. And generally, men owned the brothels, although they might have been managed by women. So then I had to come up with a plot that would incorporate a prestigious house of prostitution and try to figure out how my hero and heroine could fit into the scheme of things.


3. What is your perfect writing moment?

I’m often asked this question and it’s easy to answer. My most perfect moments are when a reader e-mails me and tells me he/she loved my book; that it afforded them a time to escape from the every day angst of life. I would no doubt write regardless of whether or not people bought my books, but I’m well-rewarded on the journey when I hear from happy readers.

You can find Keta Diablo on the web at:
http://ketadiablo.blogspot.com (Author home)
http://ketaskeep.blogpsot.com (Author blog – recently voted on of the top fifty romance blogs to watch in 2009.)
http://thestuffofmythandmen.blogspot.com (Author’s gay fiction blog)

And her new release :




Decadent Deceptions
Author: Keta Diablo, http://ketadiabo.blogspot.com
A 2008 Molly Contest Finalist
Erotica/Historical
Noble Romance, http://tiny.cc/m5EEj

About the book:

Daring and desperate to win Morgan’s love, Olivia Breedlove embarks on a reckless folly. But everything backfires when Morgan remains one step ahead of her and the game ventures down a path of duplicity and murder.

A decade ago, Morgan was a heartbeat away from taking Olivia’s virginity. Her father, Thaddeus, intervened and threatened to meet him over pistols if he so much as looked at his daughter again. But now, Thaddeus is dead and Morgan has no intention of ignoring the ravenous hunger he’s harbored for the blasted woman for ten years.

One way or the other, he will quench this burning desire and make her his forever.
Special Content Alert: Voyuerism

* Read the Five-Star Reviews at Publisher's web site


And thats all from me for now. I'll be guest blogging on the Virtual Tour Blog on Saturday so come on by!

1 comments:

lastnerve said...

Hey Keta! Just wanted to tell you that your work is amazing and I loved the interview! You know how to rock it girl!