Monday, March 16, 2009

The best and worst of writing

I know .. you were expecting a post about the next dragon types right? Sorry, interrupting that cause this is in the front of my mind right now. Del and I are working on brainstorming ideas for Book Four and Book Two is going through copy edits so I was thinking about the best and worst things about writing. Or at least in my opinion what those things are.

The best thing about writing...its what I'm doing right now, the plotting, the planning. The figuring out who the character is, what he or she wants, what the story is. I LOVE figuring out the world and all the little details. It gives me an excited, bouncy rush. I love it, love it, love it. So yeah, that's my favorite part of writing.

And the hard part? You might think its the actual putting words to page but its not. Granted that can be painful at times but that's actually my second favorite thing. Waiting to hear back from a publisher? Nope...not it either. Two things actually come to mind that are tied for the exalted position of my most hated part of writing. The first is....this nasty little two page thing called a synopsis. Yes it is an evil little thing. Remember writing them in school? Well, its all fine and dandy when its for someone elses piece of work but when you are trying to summarize your own? Go find a wall, beat your head against it for about ten minutes and you have the way it feels to do that. The second worst thing is trying to tell someone what you want on the cover. I bet for some people its pretty easy but for me, its like pulling teeth.

So that's it...the best and worst of writing. Surprised? I know I was. LOL

Next post I'll talk about the eastern dragons and soon some other dragon types that haven't been revealed just yet in the series.


Edit 3/17/09
First Happy Saint Patty's day to everyone and second...I got another review from Dark Angel Reviews RRT sent me a review in an email but its not up on their site yet. So just waiting for that one to go live. ^.^

0 comments: